Bankrate site is presenting 6 sleazy home improvement scams. I have not yet hired a contractor to do home improvements. Most of the home improvement work had been done by myself and my wife so far. With all the involved costs and head-ache, it almost sounds like it is worth while for you to just do it yourself, doesn't it?
Here's the most common phrases they use that you should be aware of
• "I just happen to be working in your neighborhood."
• "I have materials left over from another job."
• "I need the cash up front."
• "I have a special offer that's good for today only."
• "I can help you finance the project."
• "I want to use your home as a model."