Incredible Coding Resources
Sometimes, you just need
an "easy" button. Check out these cheat sheets, samples and other
helpful coding tools for a shortcut to excellence.
- [AJAX] Prototype Dissected: Use Jonathan Snook's nifty cheat sheet for Prototype as a quick reference tool.
- [AJAX] A Field Guide to Scriptaculous Combination Effects: By Amy Hoy, this informative PDF discusses default options, toggling and more.
- [AJAX] Max Kiesler: Round-up of 30 AJAX Tutorials: This list covers client-server communication, tabbed pages and tons of other resources for Ajaxians.
- [AJAX] Max Kiesler: 60 More Helpful AJAX Tutorials: Want more? Max Kiesler shares even more awesome resources.
- [AJAX] AJAX Programming Online:
Sang Shin of Sun Microsystems offers a free 18-week course on AJAX.
Even if you don't sign up for the course, this site can provide a
wealth of information.
- [AJAX] Mastering AJAX: Check this out for Brett McLaughlin of O'Reilly Media's three-part series on mastering AJAX.
- [ASP] HTML to ASP Converter: This software converts HTML code to ASP with unique customization options.
- [ASP] ASP/VBScript Cheat Sheet:
Dave Child has compiled a reference sheet with the help of developer
Allan Wenham. You'll find reminders for regular expressions, file
modes, methods and properties, among others.
- [ASP] Best ASP.NET Practices for Shielding Your Site From Hackers: This Microsoft Webcast gives tips on hacker techniques and ways to neutralize them with ASP.NET code.
- [ASP] Common Applications of Regular Expressions: This time-saving tutorial explains ways to efficiently match patterns of strings.
- [ASP] ASPFAQs: This ASP FAQ list is categorized and updated. Check out the Ten Most Viewed FAQs for a quick rundown.
- [ASP] ASP from A to Z: Use this resource as a primer on ASP. It includes a handy glossary.
- [CSS] CSS Cheat Sheet: Another cheat sheet from Dave Child featuring CSS references for properties, syntax and more.
- [CSS] CSS Property Index:
This list offers an alphabetical index of properties as well as the
various statistics and details that go along with each of them.
- [CSS] CSS Shorthand Guide: Check this out for Dustin Diaz's tutorial on CSS shorthand.
- [CSS] CSS and Design Gallery: Although written in German, Dr. Web's gallery offers links to a massive number of CSS designs you should check out.
- [CSS] A Roadmap to Standards: Mezzoblue discusses web standards with special concern for CSS development and design.
- [CSS] CSS Panic Guide: This "guide for the unglued" provides links to many helpful CSS resources.
- [CSS] Layout Gala: This resource has 40 CSS layouts that you can download.
- [Htaccess] htaccess Cheatsheet: Check out this simple .htaccess file cheat sheet for good, clean fun.
- [HTML] A Simple Guide to HTML: This cheat sheet lays out tags for text formatting, tables, frames and more.
- [HTML] Composing Good HTML: Although slightly out of date, this guide outlines the essentials of good HTML composition for advanced users.
- [HTML] HTML & XHTML Tag Quick Reference: This reference sheet covers the most important tags and rules for HTML and XHTML.
- [HTML] HTML Color Code Combination Chooser: Use Site Pro Central's Colour Scheme Chooser to see your color before committing to a hex code.
- [HTML] XHTML Cheat Sheet: This updated cheat sheet points out elements, characters and more.
- [HTML] Quick Escape: Use the Quick Escape tool to convert raw HTML to escaped HTML.
- [HTML] HTML & XHTML Entities: This set of tables contains categorized tables of allowed entities in HTML and XHTML.
- [Perl] Perl Regular Expression Quick Reference: Use this PDF for quick reference to characters, quantifiers, modifiers and more.
- [PHP] PHP Cheat Sheet: Print out this cheat sheet for quick reference to functions, SuperGlobals and other helpful components.
- [PHP] Smarty Cheat Sheet for Template Designers: Use this Smarty cheat sheet for functions, variables and loads of other references.
- [PHP] PHP Code Exchange: You can search for categorized PHP code at this exchange site.
- [PHP] PHP Code Examples: Check out hundreds of PHP code examples in the PHP Freaks code library.
- [PHP] PHPFAQ: Use this question-and-answer reference for loads of popular PHP tips and tricks.
- [PHP] Admin Generator Cheat Sheet: Consider the Admin Generator Cheat Sheet your "easy button" for Symfony Admin Generator code.
- [PHP] Regular Expressions Cheat Sheet:
Reference regular expressions quickly with this cheat sheet. Sections
include POSIX, character classes and quantifiers.
- [Python] Python 101 Cheat Sheet: Use this cheat sheet to get familiarized with the language of Python.
- [Ruby on Rails] 19 Rails Tricks Most Rails Coders Don't Know:
Use this collection of tips to make more efficient use of your code.
Also, send your friends into a state of shock and awe.
- [Ruby on Rails] Ruby QuickRef: Print this out for quick reference to Ruby details, from general syntax to object design.
- [Ruby on Rails] What Goes Where: Amy Hoy has written a simple cheat sheet that helps you remember where to put everything.
- [Ruby on Rails] InVisible Ruby on Rails Reference: This blog will give you a quick guide to the most used functions, methods and classes in Ruby on Rails.
- [Ruby on Rails] Resistance to Persistence: This cheat sheet is a compilation of information from various books, tutorials and Web sites about Ruby on Rails.
- [Ruby on Rails] Ruby on Rails Caching Tutorial: Keep this little gem in your arsenal in case you wind up on the front page of Digg.
- [Ruby on Rails] Faster Pagination in Rails: This resource helps you understand pagination and what you should be doing about it.
Technorati Tags: article, reference, tech
Powered by ScribeFire.