As a newbie blogger myself, I am trying to be able to blog properly. Yes yes I know blog supposed to be opened and supposed to carry your voice.
I honestly started blogging to put together stuffs that interests me and not caring for other people’s interest. Also, I wanted to put together stuffs that I wanted to be able to quickly refer to at later time. Thus, where "Personal Reference Blog" originated from and why the title of the blog was so "boring" as someone have mentioned before.
In any case, I have asked question in LinkedIn and I was refer to two of the blog which refer to blog tips. Those are seth godin’s BLOG and how to blog by tony pierce. They both has extensive lists. Among them, here are few that I really think that all the blogger should keep in mind when they publish their blogs.
From seth godin’s BLOG
Be topical... write posts that need to be read right now. Learn enough to become the expert in your field.
Be timeless... write posts that will be readable in a year.
Be among the first with a great blog on your topic, then encourage others to blog on the same topic.
Share your expertise generously so people recognize it and depend on you.
Write short, pithy posts.
Encourage your readers to help you manipulate the technorati top blog list.
Write long, definitive posts.
Write nearly libelous things about fellow bloggers, daring them to respond (with links back to you) on their blog.
Share linklove and expect some back.
Tag your posts. Use del.ico.us.
Coin a term or two.
Salacious ones are best.
Start at the beginning and take your readers through a months-long education.
Include comments so your blog becomes a virtual water cooler that feeds itself.
Assume that every day is the beginning, because you always have new readers.
Highlight your best posts on your Squidoo lens.
Point to useful but little-known resources.
Write about stuff that appeals to the majority of current blog readers--like gadgets and web 2.0.
Write about Google.
Have relevant ads that are even better than your content.
Write about blogging.
Digest the good ideas of other people, all day, every day.
Invent a whole new kind of art or interaction.
Write about a never-ending parade of different topics so you don't bore your readers.
Ping technorati. Or have someone smarter than me tell you how to do it automatically.
Write about only one thing, in ever-deepening detail, so you become definitive.
Write about obscure stuff that appeals to an obsessed minority.
Don't be boring.
Write stuff that people want to read and share.
3. dont be afraid to do anything. infact if youre afraid of something, do it. then do it again. and again.
11. say exactly what you want to say no matter what it looks like on the screen. then say something else. then keep going. and when youre done, re-read it, and edit it and hit publish and forget about it.
12. link like crazy. link anyone who links you, link your favorites, link your friends. dont be a prude. linking is what seperates bloggers from apes. and especially link if you’re trying to prove a point and someone else said it first. it lends credibility even if youre full of shit.
15. dont be afraid if you think something has been said before. it has. and better. big whoop. say it anyway using your own words as honestly as you can. just let it out.
20. change your style. mimic people. write beautiful lies. dream in public. kiss and tell. finger and tell. cry scream fight sing fuck and dont be afraid to be funny. the easiest thing to do is whine when you write. dont be lazy. audblog at least once a week.
22. when in doubt review something. theres not enough reviews on blogs. review a movie you just saw, a tv show, a cd, a kiss you just got, a restaurant, a hike you just took, anything.
26. dont be afraid to come across as an asswipe. own your asswipeness.
30. read tons of blogs and leave nice comments.
Submit to Social Websites